What are your opening hours over the holiday period?
Our holiday opening hours are as follows:
- Monday 24th December - Open 8am-4pm
- Tuesday 25th December - Closed
- Wednesday 26th December - Closed
- Thursday 27th/ Friday 28th December - Open 8am-8pm
- Saturday 29th December - Open 9am-5pm
- Sunday 30th December - Closed
- Monday 31st December - Open 8am-4pm
- Tuesday 1st January - Closed
Normal service resumes as normal from Wednesday 2nd January.
Where can I find information outside of opening hours?
Our website is always live, we have a wealth of information and frequently asked questions on the site.
A great starting point is www.ramenergy.co.uk/help , there is an extensive list of options with all our commonly asked questions from our customers answered here.
Who can I contact in an emergency?
We know not all issues arise during opening hours so we've put together a list of contacts who will be able to help during a variety of issues.
Freephone 105 if you have a power cut and require assistance.
Your electricity network operator looks after the safety and security of your electricty supply. If you have an electrical emergency you should contact your operator immediately. Western Power Distibution is the operator for the East and West Midlands, their emergency contact number is 0800 6783 105.
Pay-as-you-go electricity meter out of credit or off supply
If you run out of credit on your pay-as-you-go meter out of hours, your meter will run into emergency credit to keep your supply running until you can top up.
If you have already used your emergency credit and your home goes off-supply then call us on 0800 121 6699 and select option 3 and our out of hours services will be able to advise. For additional help contact the network operator, Western Power Distribution for homes in the East and West Midlands on 0800 6783 105 and they'll be able to provide assistance.
If you think you can smell gas, believe there is a gas leak or are worried carbon monoxide is escaping from a gas appliance, call the free Gas Emergency Services 24 hour helpline immediately on 0800 111 999.
As a precautionary measure you should also:
- Open all your doors and windows to air your property
- Leave all electrical appliances as they are - don't turn anything on or off
- Put out any naked flames and do not do anything which could cause ignition
- Open doors manually if you have electrical security entry locks