Why should I join RAM Energy?
There are lots of reasons to switch to RAM Energy. By joining us you benefit from:
- Protection from price hikes with our fixed-price tariff.
- Straightforward billing to keep you in control of your energy use.
- Piece of mind that you have the cheapest tariff that meets your need – and if that’s no longer the case, we will let you know on your next bill.
- An online account that lets you view your bills and make secure payments anytime you want.
- Free calls to our friendly local customer service team.
- Practical tips to help you save energy and money.
We are delighted to be working with Robin Hood Energy as our licenced supplier, and believe our shared goals to address fuel poverty can make a real difference across the region.
How is my quote calculated?
When we provide you with a quote, the estimated savings are based on the information you give us, including what you tell us your current usage is with your current provider. All our quotes include VAT at 5%.
If you don’t have you energy use on hand then we will estimate the saving based on the details you provide.
Our calculations follow the rules set by the energy regulator, Ofgem. If you are on a fixed tariff that has less than one year left, the rules assume that at the end of the tariff you will move to the cheapest variable tariff available from your current supplier.
Will I need to contact my current supplier?
No, you can leave that to us. We’ll contact your supplier and arrange the switch, allowing you to make the most of RAM Energy’s low cost rates as quick and easy as possible.
Will I be without energy when I switch?
No, there won’t be any interruptions to your service. In fact you won’t notice a difference - after all it’s the same energy, just at a cheaper price.
What happens if I still owe money to my current provider?
If you still owe money to your current supplier or you have had an unpaid bill for over 28 days, then they will normally ask you to pay what you owe before you switch.
How long will it take to switch to RAM Energy?
Normally it takes around three to six weeks in total. This includes a fourteen day cooling-off period when you sign up, meaning you can change your mind if you’re not happy.
How do I get a smart meter?
When you become a RAM Energy customer you can ask to be added to the priority list for smart meter installations, you can also contact us at any time via phone or email and ask to be added to the list. You simply need to provide you name, address, account number and ask to be added to the priority smart meter list. You will be contacted within 6 months to have your appointment booked. You will also receive a free In Home Display Unit with your new smart meter.
Visit our page on smart meters to find out more.
Does RAM Energy offer warm home discount?
We do not currently offer the warm home discount - we hope to in the future. Find out more about the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
What if I have special requirements?
At RAM Energy we aim to deliver excellent customer service and meet your needs as best we can. To tell us about your requirements, add your details of our Priority Services Register (PSR). You will qualify if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are of pension age
- You have a disability or and impairment
- You are chronically sick
- You have a long-term health issue
Our PSR is also open to customers with any other characteristics or vulnerabilities identified as being relevant due to the priority service required.
This is a free of charge service with the following priority services offered:
- Providing additional support to help you identify any person acting on behalf of RAM.
- Allowing you to nominate or give legal entitlement to another person to act on your behalf and receive account communications from RAM Energy.
- Conducting and providing meter readings on your behalf at appropriate frequencies, if you are unable to do so yourself.
- Assessing PPM functionality where it is safe and reasonably practicable to do so.
- Sending you communications in a format appropriate to your needs and circumstances.
- Providing you with further or additional non-financial services, where appropriate and practicable for RAM Energy to provide.
Once you join the register we will let you know about any changes or interruptions to your energy service, you then have time to make other arrangements if necessary. We can also read your meters for you if you are unable to do so yourself, and can provide large print or braille bills upon request.
What fuels are used to generate my electricity?
At RAM Energy our focus is on serving our customers rather than generating our own power. We buy our energy from the market and from generators across the UK. Our fuel mix reflects the energy we buy directly and from the market. As our customer-base grows, our plan is to use more green energy and reduce carbon emissions over time, whilst still offering you value for money.
All suppliers, including RAM Energy’s partner supplier Robin Hood Energy, are required by Ofgem to provide information about the mix of fuels used to generate the electricity supplied to customers, as well as any environmental impact.
Known as the Fuel Mix Disclosure, our partner, Robin Hood Energy, must publish this information annually after they have been a supplier for 12 months. Their first Fuel Mix Disclosure will be for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017. The Fuel Mix Disclosure was published on 1 October 2017.